Responsibility over Priority

Today's a great day. Been a while I haven't met my "Little Fellas" from my High School life and probably it's the first reunion for over a year. Glad they does not change at all. They are still my beloved Little Fellas from the past.

However, that is not what I'm about to tell now. I'll save the story for them later. There is one interesting thing that I remember today in my reunion today. In our reunion today at my friend's house, there was a man who wanted to study about acceleration program student came for interviewing us. There is a very interesting question he gave which reminds me of my important value of life.

What value did your parents mainly build inside yourselves?

This is an easy, yet deep question. Right after he threw that question, spontaneously I remember one thing that has always been my principle, right from the beginning. It is Responsibility.

Yes, my father keeps on telling me up until today, that I must always be responsible on what I do and to whoever whom I responsible to. I have a different point of view about being responsible and that was what determines my every action up until now and will always be in the future.

You might remember that in every organization or institution recruitment interview, you are going to be asked: What is your priorities in life? While people might answer their priorities from the highest to the lowest, I emerge with different answer.

I believe in responsibility over than priority. I do have any priorities for my responsibilities. I am responsible for every responsibility regardless on how important they are.

That has always been my answer even for my recent job recruitment interview. In simple, developed from Stephen Covey's, I do not prioritize responsibility, I put my responsibility on my priorities.

This is what always keep me standing in my every hard time during my acceleration program back in high school. It kept me strong and provided me with endless motivations, to be responsible to my parents who provide me with every facilities so that I can go to school and study.

Also, this is what kept me strong when I was on deadline during my undergrad thesis back in my college life. I am doing my research seriously, putting all of my efforts to finish my undergrad thesis and graduates in seven semesters, just like what my parents' expectations. Even though I was very busy with my organization, I did not just leave this responsibility with my parents, nor to my organization. That is why, whenever I found two importances intersect in the process, I was doing my best to fulfill both of them without even considering about the priorities, merely because I am responsible for both of them.

If we do it wrong, we might overheat ourselves. That is why we must measure our capacity on how much responsibility we can take. But, once you hold the responsibility, never turn down it for other responsibility. Because, responsibility is something that we must accomplish, regardless on how important they are.

Never forget on your responsibility, because that reflects your honor as a human.

Dream on!
Wirapati

0 Comments: