An Albatross

Among all of the birds in the world, what is your favorite bird?

Lots of people will answer eagle or any other mighty birds. But, I come up with a different answer and it might be such a rare answer since this bird might don't have what it takes to become such a favorite bird.

My favorite bird is an Albatross. Though they are not in the same class with an eagle, they are often addressed as Sea Eagle, because they live near the sea. They have the widest wings among all of the birds ever exist and fly awkwardly by going upside down as if they are unstable during the flight.

Well, not as mighty as an eagle, are they? Then how come I favor this bird very much? It is simply because they have a very deep philosophy inside them, and they reflect myself so much in many ways.

Do you know that unlike any other birds, Albatross cannot fly simply just stomping their claws on the ground? Albatrosses have a unique way of taking off. Instead of a hard stomping on the surface below them, they run (not really running, it's like small jumps as if they are running) over the surface to find the perfect stance for taking off and then put all of their efforts to fly. Yes, they are not able to fly easily like any other birds. They need more efforts to fly, and they even have to jump from a cliff, falling in the open air for sometimes and hover while flapping their wings to capture the wind and then fly to the open sky.

That is just like me. If the other birds represent the other people, I am just an albatross. I cannot easily fly simply by doing my best on something. Just like an albatross, to fly, I need to run until I am able to take off, that is because I am not that extraordinary. I am just a regular person, which has to put my efforts more than anybody else to reach approximately the same with them. It might be not enough to put my best on something, I must exceed my best efforts to surpass everybody else, to become number one.

That is why I adore this bird so much. They are trying their best to fly, so why don't I? Just like I said, they have the widest wings over all birds, but they will never acknowledge that if they did not even try flying. That is why, I always try my best to fly, to see how broad my wings, to see how far I can reach, and how limitless I must surpass.

Albatross will be my favorite bird forever. I never adore someone who is genius from the beginning, simply because they were born genius. I adore those who achieve genius, through hard works and passions. They try to surpass their disadvantages and limitations to achieve the unlimited because they overcome every hardness they face in the process. That is more inspiring, isn't it. It shows you how you must not give up on fate and condition, fight it and achieve your goal regardless of your inability. We should learn from an albatross in this case.

Everything in this world is not that simple. You cannot fly easily by stomping your feet on the ground and flap your arms. Never give up on it, if you really want to fly. Be an Albatross and show the world how strong you are to reach the top.

Dream On!
Wirapati

0 Comments: