August Rush

This is Ramadhan, the month where people can put their mind at ease, since this is a blessed month. This month people put their mind on how they can celebrate Idl Fitr, what outfits they should buy for the D-Day, arranging fasting break together with friends and any other wonderful things they plan for the glorious month.

Yet, I am here now with my obligation. The research I'm working on "should be" finished on the last of September. And now what? Due to some circumstances, this deadline has been advanced to this Friday, August 20, 2010. Yes, it has been advanced for 1,5 month. Significant, eh?

Due to this *I don't know whether it's a* good news or bad news, I have to forget the rest of wonderful things in Ramadhan and put the most of my mind on it. How great my life can be? All of this happiness I can enjoy in Ramadhan should be postpone for some time. I cannot put my mind at ease at all.

THAT'S WHAT I THINK AT FIRST.

But, now that I think of it. This is my obligation. I may be just a merely research assistant. I may not receive that great appreciation due to this *I don't know actually*. But, responsibility is a responsibility. It is easier to just run from it and finally I can put my body to rest, but no! I don't want it. Though small the responsibility is, but running from it can't put my mind at ease. If I keep on complaining on it, keep on avoiding it, it will become bad habit in the future, where *hopefully* I hold a greater responsibility, may be the fate of this nation lies on my obligation someday. Therefore, I choose not to run, but to put my best on this obligation.

Moreover, it is okay with not enjoying the happiness of Ramadhan, very okay. I remember about millions people out there, who live in extreme poverty, that cannot enjoy buying new outfits for Idl Fitr, fasting break with their companions and family, celebrating the day of glory with delicious food and the warmth of family, and so on. My condition is better than them, way way waaaaay better. They can't choose their condition, while I can still decide what I want to do. They can just accept their fate, while I may have slight chance to decide mine. Therefore, I must not complain, not at all. Most of them are not complaining,

SO, WHY MUST I?

I must be thankful because of my condition. And that makes me my obligation to fulfill my task, gain some fortune from it, and help them to enjoy this glorious month like we use to. But, first, I must finish this research by the end of this week. No complaining. Imagine how happy I can be when all of this burden is finished.

Thus, I hereby announce this month as:

AUGUST RUSH

Dream On!
Bagus Arya Wirapati

0 Comments: